Reading this article I completely understand how ipads can be useful in the classroom. Students love working with technology so using ipads in the classroom can be really reinforcing and there are plenty of educational apps that can be put on them. Plus, you could have a whole library of books on the ipads giving students plenty of reading options and they can enlarge the text to a size that is comfortable for them to read.
Ipads can also be useful for teachers to have portable devices for doing any class work on the go. Whether its writing lesson plans, making notes, or grading assignment. There are plenty of apps for teachers to use.
The one flaw is that you have to make use of ipads fair for all of your students. They are aren't too expensive but it is unlikely that you would have enough for each student in the classroom. Therefore, a system needs to be put into place of when they can be used and who's turn it is to use them. Also, as teachers we need to make sure that they are being used for academic purposes only while in the classroom.
I do believe that in the future, technology is going to be a very big part of the classroom. So we need to make sure that we understand how it works and different resources that will be useful for the classroom.
I really liked your point about how students can read on iPads and adjust and enlarge the text to make it easier to read! I guess I hadn't really thought about that particular perk before. Sometimes reading such small text can strain the eyes especially if it is for a long time but with the iPad you'd be able to make it bigger, and there would never be the issue of not having enough light!
ReplyDeleteRayista~
ReplyDeleteI agree that iPads can be a really reinforcing activity for children and it is a way to reward students but still give them a reward that is educational and interactive. I like the point you made about the libraries being on the iPads so that students have numerous options of things to read in their spare time. Nice job talking about the flaws of having iPads in the classroom. I agree with you that there is going to be a huge influx of technologies in the classroom and we are going to incorporate technologies in just about every aspect of the curriculum in the future. Nicely said Rayista!
Katelynn